Across the UK, there are hundreds of proposals to add new stations and lines to the railway network. Proposed Railway Schemes (trundleage.co.uk) provides updates on the latest developments as each proposal passes through the many hurdles that need to be negotiated before a new railway station or line can be opened . The latest updates, popular developments and frequently asked questions from visitors can be found below.
Frequently Asked Questions
The most popular questions that people visiting this website have are:
- What are the railway stations and lines that are expected to open in the next few years?
- What are the railway stations that have opened recently?
- What are the proposals in my region?
- Have you got more information about GRIP?
- Which stations were successful in the second round of the New Stations Fund?
Projects of Interest
There are several hundred proposed railway stations and lines across the rail network. For information about the majority of proposals on this site, click here.
Links to the latest posts for a number of schemes can be found in the table below
|Crossrail||Crossrail 2||Northern Line Extension|
|Worcestershire Parkway||Halton Curve||Sheffield Tram-Train|
This month in history
2008 – Heathrow Terminal 5 (27 March)
2001 – Howwood (12 March)
1998 – Dalgety Bay (28 March)