The membership of the virtual panel that will review the 60 applications to the first round of the Ideas Fund has been confirmed.
The Ideas Fund panel members are:
- Chris Heaton-Harris MP – Rail Minister (Chair)
- Simon Clarke MP – Minister for Regional Growth and Local Government
- Sir Peter Hendy – Chair, Network Rail
- Jackie Sadek – CEO UK Regeneration
- Isabel Dedring – Global Transport Leader, Arup
The panel will examine the bids on paper to identify those bids that are sufficiently advanced to receive funding. The DfT will write to all applicants in May to update them on their application, with unsuccessful bids offered further support to enable further applications in June and November.
The second ideas fund funding round is expected to take place in June. A third round is expected to take place in November
The deadline for the New Stations fund round 3 is expected to close on 5 June.