Members of the public will be able to travel on Manchester Metrolink to Trafford Park from Sunday 22 March after Transport for Greater Manchester confirmed that the line has been successfully handed over to it by the organisations constructing it.
The new line will have six new tram stops:
- Wharfside – next to Manchester Ship Canal and close to Manchester United Football Club
- Imperial War Museum – located adjacent to the museum
- Village – On Village Way, near Village Circle and Third Avenue cafes and shops
- Parkway – At the Parkway Circle roundabout
- Barton Dock Road – Adjacent to Barton Square and Event-City
- intu Trafford Centre – At intu Trafford Centre outside Selfridges on Barton Dock Road