The benefit cost ratio for restoring the railway line between Ellon and Aberdeen has been subjected to a sensitive test review that accommodated a number of changes and assumptions.
- Revised growth rates
- Journey times for cars/buses
- Car Parking rates
- Induced trips
- Removal of costs to double track tunnels north of Aberdeen railway station
- Depreciation of rolling stock
- Value engineering reduces costs
- Reduce optimism bias figures
Although they substantially improved the BCR from the initial 0.28, the models did not achieve a ratio above 1.