The Scottish Government has awarded ten communities a total of £681k to support the delivery of transport appraisal studies that could bring forward railway schemes.
- East Lothian Council – Haddington
- Fife Council – Cross Forth Travel
- Hitrans – HMNB Clyde Transport Opportunities
- Linlithgow and Linlithgow Bridge Community Council – Access to Linlithgow Station
- Nestrans – Accessibility at Insch Station
- Newburgh Train Station Group – Newburgh
- South Lanarkshire Council – connectivity in Clydesdale
- Tactran – Bridge of Earn/Oudenarde P&R
Tactran have two successful bids, with one scheme looking into improving transport in the Bridge of Earn area with a railway station at Oudenarde under consideration. The second bid will consider possible options for a Park and Ride station near Stirling.
Fife Council have submitted a bid with Scotrail and SEStran that will cover travel data in the Forth bridge head area.
Starlink have submitted a bid to look into restoring the railway at St Andrews.
Her Majesty’s Naval Base on the Clyde was also subject to a winning bid for transport opportunities.
East Lothian Council received support to look into a proposed railway station at Haddington.
- Tactran – Stirling Strategic P&R