Network Rail has submitted the Transport and Works Act Order required to restore railway services between Oxford, Bedford, Milton Keynes and Aylesbury. The order focuses on a section of railway line between Bletchley and Claydon Junction.
The proposed works will see major improvements to local travel, with the phased introduction of new rail journeys between:
- Oxford and Milton Keynes, with trains stopping at Oxford Parkway, Bicester, Winslow and Bletchley
- Oxford and Bedford, with trains stopping at Oxford Parkway, Bicester, Winslow, Bletchley, Woburn Sands and Ridgmont
- Milton Keynes and Aylesbury, with trains stopping at Bletchley, Winslow and Aylesbury Vale Parkway
Documents are available on the Network Rail website
The TWAO process:
1. Network Rail submits TWAO and publishes and serves notices;
2. A statutory period to receive representations until 7th September 2018;
3. the Secretary of State for Transport (SoS) may then decide on one of three options (1. Hold a public inquiry, 2. Hold a hearing, 3. Exchange written representations between relevant parties)
4. These would be led by an independent inspector who will make recommendations to the SoS
5. SoS makes a decision whether phase 2 can begin.