As 2017 comes to a close, it is an appropriate time to review what is expected to occur in the coming year.
There are a number of rail schemes expected to open in 2018.
Kenilworth is currently expected to open in February 2018 having slipped a number of opening dates
- Maghull North is progressing towards a summer 2018 opening date
- Rotherham Parkgate is expected to open following the completion of the Tram-Train work during the summer
- The first section of the Elizabeth line is expected to open in December 2018
- Halton curve is set to be completed in Summer 2018 with regular services from December 2018
There are also a number of heritage schemes that are due to be completed.
The Llangollen Railway is expecting to complete their extension to Corwen Central. The Gloucester and Warwickshire Railway is expecting to open their extension to Broadway around Easter.
There are a number of other schemes lining up for 2019/20 opening dates, where work is just getting underway or expected to commence in 2018.
- Warrington West
- Portway Parkway
- Dalcross (Inverness Airport)
- Meridian Water
- Reading Green Park
- Worcestershire Parkway
- Blackpool North tram extension
Movers and shakers
There are also a number of other projects that are moving forward. 2018 should see further strides forward on these projects.
- West Yorkshire railway station proposals
- East West Rail
- Crossrail 2
- East Linton/Reston
Many other campaigns are moving forwards with a number of feasibility studies and reports set to report during 2018. It will be an exciting year and this website will be kept up to date with the latest developments.