Across the UK, there are hundreds of proposals to add new stations and lines to the railway network. Proposed Railway Schemes (trundleage.co.uk) provides updates on the latest developments as each proposal passes through the many stages that need to be negotiated before a railway station or line can be added to the rail network. The latest updates, popular developments and frequently asked questions from visitors can be found below.
Frequently Asked Questions
The most popular questions that people visiting this website have are below. Click on the question to be taken to the page that has the answer:
- What are the railway stations and lines that are expected to open in the next few years?
- What are the railway stations that have opened recently?
- Have you got more information about the Restoring Your Railway fund?
- What are the proposed extensions for heritage steam railways in the UK?
- What are the proposed extensions for the tram networks in the UK?
- What are the proposed stations and lines for the railway network in Northern Ireland?
- Have you got more information about GRIP?
- Which stations were successful in the second round of the New Stations Fund?
Projects of Interest
There are several hundred proposed railway stations and lines across the rail network. For information about the majority of proposals on this site, click here.
Links to the latest posts for a number of schemes can be found in the table below
|Crossrail||Crossrail 2||Northern Line Extension|
|Kintore||Reading Green Park||Cambridge South|